Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map EmptyHW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map Portal10GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Trying out different looks for the forum. Feel free to leave suggestions! - Huklebuc

HW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vailin
LoD Peasant
Vailin

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-01-05

HW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map Empty
PostSubject: HW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map   HW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map EmptyWed May 20, 2009 7:05 am

So... I decided to take a bunch of screenies to put together I huge map of my heartwood and buoy tags.. mainly because I also want other people to post their tags so I can find things.

Here's what I decided to do:

Posting the whole map tag text file would be crazy long, so I just decided to go with a world map made of screenies. In the tag text file, there are 4 levels of zoom: Zoom=0 is when the minimap is fully zoomed in (most detail), Zoom=3 is fully zoomed out (least detail, but if you enlarge your map window you can see the whole world map in game). All my tags (and probably most of yours) were done at Zoom=0, which is the default zoom we all usually keep our minimap. So, for all my tags, I changed it to Zoom=1 by going to Edit > Replace in notepad. I didn't want to zoom out any further because then you wouldn't be able to tell where exactly the tags were, but I had to take more screenshots to make my world map (which isn't even complete, but it has the important areas I think). I took a ss of the world map opened up as much as possible at lsp and each of the towns that had lsp portals for (except for khafra/rahura). Then I just cropped and put the screens together.

Here's the result. I included ALL of my tags b/c separating the specific ones would've taken forever, but know that B=buoy and HW=heartwood. Also, I'm posting a LINK to the image instead of the actual image because the map is over 2000 x 2000 pixels, and that would make this post look nasty.

Updated Tag Map - Oct 09

So, feel free to look and compare. My map is far from complete, so help out. To help, I would say just post a map screenshot showing your tags (at zoom=0 or zoom=1, please, so I can tell where they are exactly). Please post a link to the image instead of the actual image so we don't distort the thread. Razz Also, before uploading, export your image in jpeg format to cut the file size.. the map above went from a 10 meg bmp file to a 0.5 meg jpeg, so ya.. I will look at what you post, add any new tags, and try to keep the world map updated.

Pedobear

Last edited by Vailin on Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dragonmaster
LoD Leader

Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): Dragonmaster

PostSubject: Re: HW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map   HW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map EmptyWed May 20, 2009 11:41 am

Wow! Very very nice job of you Vail!

I got a few tags myself, of HW and GHW and I also got the whole map opened up. Bought a map reveal half a year ago or something like that.. But of course I dont know exactly where all the HW and GHW is, Ive only tagged my usuall rounds.

Lets see what I can do later on whenever I get online again. Razz

I actually was online yesterday and crafted whatever planks I had left to missile wep cabinets. Only got 12m gold so far though...
Back to top Go down
Vailin
LoD Peasant
Vailin

PostSubject: Re: HW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map   HW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map EmptyFri May 22, 2009 8:10 am

Updated the map- tagged HW locations in krythan island and west mainland.. Also threw in TR lands (SM= angry snowman) and the rest of WWI/Lopal. Obviously east mainland needs some work..

Buoys will be the hardest to find. They spawn in the same places like snowmen, but they don't spawn right away when you enter the area. You have to sail through and come back to the area in a minute or two to find them.. pain in the arse, but keep that in mind when buoy hunting.
Back to top Go down
Dragonmaster
LoD Leader

Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): Dragonmaster

PostSubject: Re: HW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map   HW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map EmptyFri May 22, 2009 8:57 am

Good job Vail. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vailin
LoD Peasant
Vailin

PostSubject: Re: HW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map   HW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 8:21 am

finally UPDATED! Follow the same link above. Lots of new tags. Apparently east mainland is very busy. Some HW tags are very bunched up, but I kept them that way to represent denser areas. I know there's still gotta be tons more buoys.. takes lots of time to find them.

Pedobear

here's my old map if you want to compare how much was done Razz
old map
Back to top Go down
LonelyWhisper
LoD Footman
LonelyWhisper

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): Lonely Whisper

PostSubject: Re: HW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map   HW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 2:11 pm

The only thing i see missing is an obsolek south east of hammer ... not sure about all the bouys .... damn good job Vailin Smile
Back to top Go down
Worc
LoD Leader
Worc

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): Worc

PostSubject: Re: HW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map   HW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 7:56 pm

Great Job Vailin. There are a few buoys missing, S side of Jeel dock. Chlera dock has some too, and S of Whisperdale dock
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map   HW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map Empty

Back to top Go down

HW/GHW and Buoy Tag Map
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Spoilers-
Jump to: