Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeJust a thought about this game/guild EmptyJust a thought about this game/guild Portal10GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Trying out different looks for the forum. Feel free to leave suggestions! - Huklebuc

Just a thought about this game/guild

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Iaello
LoD Leader
Iaello

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): Iaello Silivren

Just a thought about this game/guild Empty
PostSubject: Just a thought about this game/guild   Just a thought about this game/guild EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 5:53 pm

What I'm writing in this reply isnt directed at any single person, it's just some thoughts that has come to me during the day. For some time now members have been detagging for different reasons and when I think back this has always been the case. I remember the first guild I was in, Twilight Dragons, and a friend I found that I used to hunt with all the time. Suddenly I see him come running together with a leader from another guild going hunting with him. He had detagged and joined in a guild everyone disliked only because he was given a fireshield. Ever since then I have met people in this game I liked. Some of them has joined the same guild as I am in. Almost all of these people are now gone from the game but new ones arrive at the same rate. Since an online game is a very dynamic thing it is in it's nature that things change, people come and people go. Just look back 1 year or 6 months at who was members in LoD back then. Some members are the same, but there are many that are not.

The same thing goes for a guild, becuase a guild is in some way the sum of all its members. Just before SoC came, LoD was accused heavily of camping all the bosses. This is true in some way because we had a handful of members who constantly was at SS, Arty and so on. Before TR came we where at Mekklor every day. Now, we rarely see any boss runs or even guild hunts. This will change I'm sure. In due time we will have some players who prefer the thrill of hunting bosses and some members will join them from time to time on their hunts.

I'm writing this only because I have been concerned that people has been detagging alot lately. Well, thinking about it, it isnt alot. For a short period of time it might seem to be alot but not in the big picture. I have tried my best to make theese players stay and I have tried to talk to them or support the other leaders to talk to them, trying to persuade them to come back. I will not do this anymore. If someone feels this guild isnt what they are looking for, why try to convince them it is? If someone detags in anger why have I made this my problem to solve? If they can't take a conflict with another member and has to detag it's them who need to work on their way of handling things. If someone feels the grass is greener in another guild, maybe it is, for them. Some players on this server are so called guildjumpers and will always change between guilds.

I will always try my best to help people in this guild and try to work out problems that arise. But alot of matters are beyond my control and beyond my responsibility. If someone chooses to detag I will wave goodbye, wish them luck, and truely hope they will find that thing they are looking for. I'm here to enjoy this game, not to make it another problem in my life.

Last edited by on Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragonmaster
LoD Leader

Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): Dragonmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this game/guild   Just a thought about this game/guild EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 6:12 pm

Very deep and insightfull words Ia. That was my problem. I made the game and the guild another problem in my life already full of problems. Because I wanted so much and tried so hard.

Iaellos post could just as well have been posted by me, other than I was never in a guild called Twilight Dragons. Razz LoD is my first, and it is my only guild. Been here 3.5 years now..
Back to top Go down
lilwing
LoD Mom
lilwing

Number of posts : 327

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): lilwing

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this game/guild   Just a thought about this game/guild EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 6:18 pm

I have managed to be in 3 guilds so far...in the four or so years I have played. Personally, my own opinion with regard to a guild is simply this:

I am in a guild because I enjoy 70% of the people in it. I am lucky with LoD in that I enjoy ALL of the members. Yes, I said as a rule, it is 70%. That is because I am old enough and have lived long enough to realize that I don't have to agree with everyone in the world...its gonna keep turning and the sun is gonna come up no matter what. The world does not revolve around me and who am I to think I must like everyone? I am more than positive not everyone in the world likes me...*smiles* but then, I am old enough too so that it really doesn't bother me one whit who does and does not like me. I do, try to keep peace in any guild I am in.

I have seen friends and not so close friends detag...leave for whatever their personal reasons are. The most they have ever gotten from me is "well you could have told me you were leaving, hope we are still cool"

Ask someone to stay?
Ask someone to come back?

PFFFTtttt. This is a game. Folks need to go where they will be happy and who am I to ask someone to stay where they are not happy? My own personal opinion is that if you detag, you should NOT be begged to come back nor should you be ALLOWED back, unless you have had a very long talk with your guild leaders before you leave and it was priorly arranged that you could come back, BEFORE you detag.

Course, that is my own opinion.

Folks come and go, but friends are friends regardless. I will never leave LoD. If I have a problem, I'll try to work it out within the guild. But then, I am a relatively loyal type person anyways..*smiles* and, it makes me HAPPY to be in this guild.

It is not for leaders to beg people to stay. I don't think they deserve the hassle of that mess.

Just my own opinion...and I don't envy any leader their job. Can't be easy, folks whining and crying to them all the time about trivial okey doke bullcrap. Games are posed to be just that...a game..we play because we wish to enjoy it.

LoD helps each other...it is progressively getting better and I have faith it will continue to be a good guild, for the members who enjoy it, regardless of how many folks feel the need to be somewhere else.

I agree wholeheartedly with Iaello

he should not have to ruin his game, trying to keep the rest of the world satisfied..we are, mostly, all adults aren't we? and the children who play...are learning to become adults. *smiles*

Hugs all around..in guild and out of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/imjaide
Huklebuc
Admin
Huklebuc

Number of posts : 491

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): Huklebuc

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this game/guild   Just a thought about this game/guild EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 6:23 pm

This post describes my thoughts about everything too. Ia and I have both actually discussed this a bit in leader chat.

But please, members of LoD, dont take this topic the wrong way. This isnt a post of anger or annoyance toward anyone. Its simply something Ia, aswell as DM and I, thought you should know. We arent going to change anything we do as leaders. But we dont want to make our time in game create more problems for us.

I wont say anything more. Ia said everything that needed to be said.
Back to top Go down
https://lordsofdransik.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this game/guild   Just a thought about this game/guild Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a thought about this game/guild
Page 1 of 1