Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Survivors: At the End EmptyThe Survivors: At the End Portal10GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Trying out different looks for the forum. Feel free to leave suggestions! - Huklebuc

The Survivors: At the End

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gurt
Head of Recruits
Gurt

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): Gurtachk

The Survivors: At the End Empty
PostSubject: The Survivors: At the End   The Survivors: At the End EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 2:38 pm

Times where hard on everyone, Only four years ago the planet was on the verdge of total annihlation. Most of the major cities where destroyed, New York, Los Angelas, Las Vegas, Pisburgh, D.C. where all radioactive wastes. Scores of mutated creatures roamed the streets of these new ghost towns.
Detriot, the city I lived in, had escaped the use of radioactive materials but the suburbs hadn't.
When the first reports where broadcasted my family and I where just sitting down for dinner. We where watching C.S.I. when the emergency broadcast system activated. Sirens started going off outside at the same time adding a wailling noise over the television. "This is not a test" the monotone voice said from the Televsion. "Please stay tunned for an emergency announcment from the President of the United States" the television switched over to show President Bus sitting in the Oval office.
"My fellow Americans" President bush began, "A multi pronged assault from hostile countries has accured. All our forgein embassy's are destroyed and enemy forces are landing on American soil. Our armed forces are engaging them in battle as we speak."
Bush's eyes grow huge as he looked at something behind the Cameraman. Gunshoots could be heard from the television. "I am reinstatuting the draft" Bush said the camer filming bush and the entire room, infact the entire white house exploaded. The television screen went blank for a few minutes.
We sat in silence staring at the television. My aunt was the first to speak, "Oh my god!" No sooner then she had finished speaking the first bomb it. The first bowbs laid waste to the Detriot Metro Airport and all the other minor airports in the area. With flight in the area disabled the continued to bomb the area mercilously for hours on end.
We scrambled out of the living room and ran down to the basement calling our two dogs with us. "Girls, Come." I screamed at the dogs.
My Uncle grabbed the portable radio and darted down to the basement with us. The news was bleak, It seemed that over 60% of our armed forces had been destroyed with next to no casulities. Somehow our troop movement was being passed on to the enemy.
End chapter 1

This only chapter 1 of book one that i have wrote, there are 4 books total atm and the story isn't over as of yet.
Back to top Go down
Dragonmaster
LoD Leader

Number of posts : 911

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): Dragonmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Survivors: At the End   The Survivors: At the End EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 5:27 pm

Interesting plot I must say. Not exactly common with stories where the US get spanked..
Back to top Go down
Gurt
Head of Recruits
Gurt

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Survivors: At the End   The Survivors: At the End EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 7:00 pm

I know thats the best part about it Wink well anyways my fingers cramped up at the time so here goes the some more of the story

We hide out in the basement for days, only going upstairs to grab some food then back downstairs. The power had gone out on the first day of the bombing's so we had no light besides the little bit coming in threw the glazed windows in the basement.
Time seemed to drag by as we listened to the broadcasts on the radio, the picture they painted was bleak. Almost all of the major cities had been bombed by biochemical, biological, and radioactive materials. These place no communication came out of, survivors had to be few and far between. As the days dragged on news of war in other countries sprouted like wildfire. It seemed like the entire world had torn itself apart with war.
On the third day of sitting in the basement the radio station turned to static and their was no more communication anywhere. The fear in the air was palable and food was begining to spoil.
No more bombs came the next day and we left the basement. All the windows in the house where busted and there was smoke coming from outside.
My Uncle went outside first with my aunt and I right behind him. A coating of thick gray dust covered everything and a brownish haze hung over the sky. Off in the distance a bright glow could be seen coming from the direction of Detriot. The houses around us where in similiar condition, but those down the road where nothing but flaming wreckage.
It was odd not hearing the sound of cars driving by or the sirens of Police and Rescue vehicales. Infact we couldn't even hear birds. The only sound was the popping of the wood as it burned.
The smell of smoke was mixed with other putrent smells, like that of rotting flesh and sulpher, creating a nauesiating odor.

We ran to our neighbors houses and rushed inside. Our neighbors Kris and Mike and their son Jarrod had survived the bombings and came outside when my Uncle rushed over to their house, Across the road my aunt found the dead bodies of Kathy and Tyler. I ran down the road towards the burning houses, hoping to find someone alive down there.
The sounds of the wood burning got louder and louder as I neared the burning houses. Most of them had burned down to rubble but few where left standing. Smoke was very thick in the air making it so i couldn't see very well. I stumbled across something and fell catching myself with my hands before i hit the ground.
I looked over to see what it was that i had tripped over and saw a little girl maybe ten years old, half of her skull had been burnt away by fire, and the other half was perfectly hole. I vomited barely turning my head away before it got on me. Some creature had been feeding on her, her intesines where partialy eaten and a hole was chewed threw her stomach.
I stumbled back to my feet and headed back to the house, my face white as a ghost.
Back to top Go down
Dragonmaster
LoD Leader

Number of posts : 911

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): Dragonmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Survivors: At the End   The Survivors: At the End EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 11:12 pm

Im reading..
Back to top Go down
lilwing
LoD Mom
lilwing

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): lilwing

PostSubject: Re: The Survivors: At the End   The Survivors: At the End EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 9:59 am

*smiles proudly at the Orc Lord* well done so far...only thing I have to say is...um...spell check sugar.

**waits excitedly for the next section of the story**
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/imjaide
Kenet
LoD Newbie
Kenet

Number of posts : 8

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): Kenet

PostSubject: Re: The Survivors: At the End   The Survivors: At the End EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 12:07 am

Mozilla Firefox offers a free spell check add-on. Oh and awesome story so far...

**Smirkz**
Back to top Go down
http://s10.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=41319
lilwing
LoD Mom
lilwing

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Survivors: At the End   The Survivors: At the End EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 3:03 am

**begins a low quiet chant* more, more, more
Back to top Go down
Gurt
Head of Recruits
Gurt

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Survivors: At the End   The Survivors: At the End EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 3:21 am

My world was a little hazy as I stumbled down the road. The sight of the little girl dead haunted me, the scent of burning flesh and rotting meat clung to my nostrils nearly gagging me, even though i had walked out of the area.
Aunt Sheri, a portly woman with long black hair and a glasses was the first to notice me stumbling back down the road, my face white beneath my curly red hair and thick beard. "Joe" she ran up to me "Are you ok?"
"Don't go down there" I said before turning my head again and loosing what remained of my last meal. I whipped my mouth off, my stomach was stilling doing flips. "I don't think anyone is alive over their."
Uncle Tim and Mike walked up, both of them where slim but tall guys standing over 6ft. "Anyone down there?" Mike asked looking down at me as i recovered my breath.
"Nope" I replied still a little dazed, "As far as i can tell we are the only survivors on this block." My uncle reached down and helped me to my feet.
"Cell phones are down as well as the power" Tim said as i regained my feet. "We have five cars with full tanks of gas and enough food for a few more days."
"I'm gonna go get a glass of water" I said stumbling inside my head throbbing and a numbness crept over my body. As i poured a glass of water i wondered what happened to my friends Gene and Sean.
Someone outside shouted my name making me jump. "Coming" I said as i finished my water.
Outside was our other neighbors next door Jon a short man in his early twenties, his head was shaved close to his skin and a long gotee hung from his chin. His wife Sally stood next to him with their daughter Trinity. Sally had long wavy blonde hair that hung to the center of her back, high cheek bones and a pair of beutifull blue eyes, Trinity their daughter was four years old with curly bright red hair and a temper to match.
"Joe" Jon shook my hand "Do you know what the fuck is going on?"
"Not a clue, but it's not good" I replied "Hey Sal you ok?"
"Yeah, thanks for asking" Sally said holding Trinity's hand "Have you heard from your cousin Angel yet?"
"No she was with Sean and Gene at their house when it happened. I was just getting ready to go and find them." I shook my head. "Jon would you keep the little one from going down the road that way" I pointed in the direction of the smoking houses.
"That bad?" Jon asked looking me in the eyes.
"And then some" I crouched down in front of Trinity. "Now monster be good for your parents, things are not good right now listen to them and to any other adualt like you never have before."
"Ok Joe" Trinity said hugging her mom's leg "I'll be good"
I reached down and ruffled her hair before standing back up. Uncle Tim walked up, "Joe, Jon we need some people to go down to the grocery store and snag as much food as we can before it spoils."
"I'll go" Jon replied.
"I'm gonna take my car and see if i can find Angel" I answered.
Back to top Go down
lilwing
LoD Mom
lilwing

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Survivors: At the End   The Survivors: At the End EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 6:13 am

more please?
Back to top Go down
Might Knight
LoD Newbie
Might Knight

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): Might Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Survivors: At the End   The Survivors: At the End EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 8:02 pm

you got quite a good story there, and yes, more plz¡? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gurt
Head of Recruits
Gurt

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Survivors: At the End   The Survivors: At the End EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 7:17 am

"Becarefull Joe, I'm betting the roads are pretty beat up." Tim said as he pulled a black bic with the plastic tag still stuck to the side, out of his pocket and lite a smoke. "If you see anyone tell them to gather at the old Redford Hospital. Thats where we are taking everyone, some people got hurt when the wall of there house took a side blast." He took a long draw off the smoke.
Jon spoke up, "Anyone run down to see if Botsford hospital is still standing, could find some medical supplies there hopefully."
I turned around and walked to my car taking the keys out of my pocket. They dangled on a keychain along with a half dozen other keys, someone of them to doors that i didn't remember anymore. Opening the door I sat down and started the car up. The old car a 1989 chevy corisica had seen many years and many miles on it.
Backing out the driveway i turned down the road and pulled out onto Grand River. Cars where abondended in many lanes, and large craters blocked off sections of the road. The buildings up and down Grand River where in rubble for the most part, the only three building standing nearby was the two churches and the old abondend hospital.
I pushed the pedal of the car down and accelarated down the road. Gene and Angel lived only three miles away, but the burnt out husk of a bus blocked the entire one side of Grand River, which was a divided highway.
Jumping the curve with the Corisca i passed the wreckage and turned down the side road that they lived off of. Not to far down the road a crater blocked the path, atleast 6 feet deep and a diamater of 6feet a huge bomb must have landed there. I shivered trying to think of what it would have been like to be here when that bomb had gone off.
I put the car in park and walked around the crater, looking down into the bottom of the hole i saw chunks of what i had to assume where human beings mixed with the dirt and garbage and rubble. My stomach churned as the burnt remains of half a skull leared up at me from with the crater. I feel to my knees and for the third time that day i puked again.
My head was killing me but i knew i was close to their house. I pushed myself to my feet and continued around the crater, doing my best to ignore the grussome scene.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Survivors: At the End   The Survivors: At the End EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 4:50 pm

this is really good I like it you need to keep going I don't ever read but this got my attention and I like that I don't read that much and because I have read this and I like it means something I like to read sometimes but I am really picky about what I read but for some reason this grabbed at me, and I like it you should be a writer.

The Survivors: At the End 343259k8ku1rvqn4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Survivors: At the End   The Survivors: At the End EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 1:30 pm

i liked this one its not bad but your last one was better sorry im just one that like alot of gore i mean there was that in this one but it didn't catch my attion like your last one did and all but i did read it all and it wasn not that bad and i have not seen ya on alot but when i do i do say hello and i am saying hello now too hope everything is better for you then me and all is going well for you hugs and good day gurt.
Back to top Go down
lilwing
LoD Mom
lilwing

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Survivors: At the End   The Survivors: At the End EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 6:12 am

Orc lord....sugar it has been nearly a month? have you no more to add to the story? or...a new story perhaps? ANYTHING?? Pweeeze??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Survivors: At the End   The Survivors: At the End EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 1:35 pm

new sotrys to keep us goiong and my mind going would be cool i love storys hehe im quite the reader when i wanna be hehe hugs all around and plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz could we get a new story
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Survivors: At the End   The Survivors: At the End EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 1:35 pm

typos grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr story,going
Back to top Go down
Gurt
Head of Recruits
Gurt

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Survivors: At the End   The Survivors: At the End EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 2:53 pm

I struggled back over to the car, my head pounding as if a hundred men where inside my head pounding away with jack hammers. My vision was slightly blurry from the ranncid smoke in the air.
Opening the car door I sat down and closed the door behind me. I closed my eyes and laid my head on the steering wheel, the skull learing up threw the rubble immediatly leapt to my eyes. I gagged down another round of puke before turning the ignition and starting the car.

Slowly i pulled away from the crater my thoughts wondering how we where gonna survive. Later we will deal with that later i said to myself silently. First things first gotta check on Gene and Angel.

Pushing the pedal down the tires flung the dirt from the ground before they found a grip on the curb and with a lurch the car launched down the road.

I turned down the street that my counsin and her boyfriend lived on. It didnt look to bad, not many houses burnt and thankfully i didnt see any dead corpse littering the ground.

Angel and Gene lived in a nice two story brick house with a large tree in the front yard. When i pulled up the tree had been uprooted and now part of the tree was impalled threw the roof of the house. I slammed my car into park and ran inside "Gene, Angel." I shouted as I flung the front door open.

"Down here" I heard Gene's voice coming from the basement. I ran towards the basement door to see a large trunk of the tree had jammed threw the roof and had wedged the basement door shut.

"We can't get out" Gene said from the otherside of the door. "Thank god Angel was smart enough to grab food and water before we came down."

"Part of the tree is jammed up against the door Gene, do you have an axe or chainsaw?" I asked as i tugged on the branch trying to free up the door.

"Yeah out in the shed" Gene said "Here is the key" as he slid it under the door.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Survivors: At the End   The Survivors: At the End Empty

Back to top Go down

The Survivors: At the End
Page 1 of 1